There is a great deal of information circulating about Medicare integrity and the Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) Program. This page provides you with easy access to a series of fact sheets on different topics. The data and details included in the following downloadable PDFs have been pulled from validated government reports related to the program.
CMI Fact Sheets:
- Medicare Prepayment Reviews Are Fast & Efficient
- Rural Hospitals Not Impacted by RAC Audits
- Do You Know the Medicare Contractors?
- What Can RACs Review?
- About the Medicare RAC PrePayment Demonstration
- 2017 Medicare Appeals Primer
- Top 10 Things Hospitals Don’t Want You To Know About Recovery Auditing
- State of the RAC Program
- Leveraging Commercial Sector Best Practices Will Extend the Life of Medicare
- RACs Ensure Best Patient Care
- A History of the RAC Program
- An Urgent Need to Strengthen Program Oversight
- The New RAC Contracts
- What You Should Know About Medicare DRG Audits
- Paying for Performance: Why Contingency Fees Promote Success
- How RACs Review Claims
- RAC Myths and Facts
- Medicare Fee-For-Service RAC Regions